Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday, Afternoon

   There are times during the day i find myself "wandering" through the silent house, at a loss for something to do. The dishwasher is still running, no clothes to fold...nothing really to clean at the moment. Dad is asleep, Mom on errands.

  i tell myself i can do this. i tell myself to be brave. Stop being such an emotional mess. You are needed. "Get a backbone" my Mom-in-Law told me before i left Virginia.  i think she was taking about something else, but still...

 Then there are the other  times. When i take hold of my Dad's upper arm to help him stand up and feel how skinny he has become. When i help Mom get him to bed and see how small he is...when Mom cries in my arms...when we cry together. 

             i love you, Dad.

5 comments:

  1. Such a hard time. You are amazing for what you are doing. Glad you can be there to help. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for all the hurt you're feeling.You ARE brave and you CAN do it! (: It's okay to be an 'emotional mess' under such conditions, I'm sure everyone would be. Be strong, it will get better <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Cuddles* Seeing how people diminish towards the end is hard. It almost hurts more than when they finally depart.

    Love you so so much. You're allowed to cry and feel all pulled in different directions. Its human and normal.

    Arohanui <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love to you and to your parents dear Tracy. Your readers love and trust you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there--you CAN do this. You're much stronger than you realize. <3

    ReplyDelete