Tuesday, May 3, 2011

There Is No End To My Dumb

   So....first faux pax of the trip...well,first major one anyhow....

  Bit of a background...my nephew, Jared, is having his Mormon mission farwell here in my parents ward (a ward, is about 400 people, families, single folks), in June.  He will speak, along with  High council member (an Upper Member of the Church's Leadership).  The Bishop (Leader of a ward) of my folk's ward stopped by to say Hello to Dad and Mom, see how Dad wad doing and mentioned maybe Dad may want to say a few words at said farewell....

 Forward to today. i was doing some errands with Dad. Driving. Said to him, with all due respect, that i really liked his Bishop, that he is super nice, however, i was kind of upset that he would think to ask Dad to speak at the farewell...wouldn't that be Jared's dad's place? Oh, my...was i wrong!!!!!  Dad replied that it was an honor to be asked...an honor!   Will someone PLEASE tell me when i will stop being such a stupido???   Pretty, pretty, please????  Apologies, profuse apologies followed to Dad, but the damage was already, terribly done. SIGH.   Yep, i am being a super big help here. Someone, call for reinforcements, i am certianly failing. In a huge way.

   (plus, is it super creepy that i have a teeny bit of a crush on their Bishop....annnnd, he gets to got to Israel...?)

         Welll, better go...before i do anymore damage,

                 Loves,

                     tracy


     

   

2 comments:

  1. It is an honor, I guess. Why isn't Jared's dad speaking? I don't think it's so bad, I mean, families are places you should be able to say whatever. And I don't think it was so terrible to say, I mean, you were just asking. Maybe I'm not understanding or whatever, but it seems ok.

    Is Sam with you?

    Send pictures. I kinda want to visit SLC just to see, it's a unique American city. But Av already was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not stupid at all. I was actually thinking the same thing until I finished reading the post... It was a perfectly reasonable thing to ask. You're not there every day--how the heck are you supposed to know what's an honor, and what's expected, and all that jazz? I don't think it warranted apologies either. >:(

    Sorry, I just hate to see you thinking you're stupid when you are DEFINITELY NOT. No one should make you feel that way, whether they're responsible for your birth or not. <3

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete