Friday, June 10, 2011

Goodbye Dad, i Love You

       My Dad died early this morning, on his own terms, alone-i think to spare us, his family from being there with him.

      Dad, i love you with all my heart, i know you are at peace and no longer in pain and humiliation. i am so happy i had the past few weeks here with you, to enjoy the humour you kept almost to the end, to hold your hand and kiss you on the cheek and head, to help care for you. Thank you, Dad, for being there for me, always.

    Mom, i love you so...whatever i can do to help you through this very, very difficult time, i will be there.


    And thank you, my dear friends, for being there for me.

              Much Love,
                  tracy

7 comments:

  1. *Tacklehuggleglomps*

    I'm glad he is no longer hurting or stuck unable to do things for himself. Remember the good things about him, that is what he'd want.

    Staying funny until the end? That is something to aspire to. Whats the word? 'Props' to him for that.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PojE1LTswV0

    All my love to you, Tracy. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

    xoxoxoxxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, T. :-*
    He was surrounded by love and family the last few weeks--that means so much, I think. <3

    Hope you're doing ok. Love you!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss... I'm sure he wouldn't want you to grieve too much for him. *sends telepathic comforting thoughts*

    Love, Maigre <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. I'm so sorry about your father; I lost mine 5 years ago. It's the hardest thing, this giant empty spot in my life. I hope you have lots of family and friends around you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father died 5 years ago. It was totally unexpected. He had been a rock for all of us. He was a weightlifter and in great shape, a giant to us. When he died, I didn't know how to react. Worse still, they had him cremated, so even at the funeral we did not see him. There was no closure, nothing to say he was truly gone. I dreamed about him many times afterwards, and in each dream he gets younger and younger. But the dreams are fewer and fewer, almost as if he's slowly wandering away to be young and healthy somewhere else now. I didn't even cry for him until I finally sat down and wrote about him on my blog. It was as I went over in my mind who he truly was that I finally felt the loss. I'm sorry to hear that you are now going through what I did. Its hard, but it's an unavoidable step in our lives that nearly all of us must experience. Its a strange feeling knowing he isn't there anymore. It makes you appreciate him even more.

    ReplyDelete