Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some More Stuff...Are You Bored With Me Yet?

   4.   i am fasinated with Judahism and Israel.  i think this started in grade school. i read the "All of a Kind Family" series of books by Sidney Taylor, they are just lovely. They tell the story of a family, 5 daughters and a little brother and thier parents, living in New York City just before and during WWl.  i loved these books. Not only were they tales of the children growing up and their adventures, but much was included about Jewish Holidays, Holy Days , the Sabbath and Jewish life in general.  i loved the way the author incorperated some Herbew along with English translation in to some of the Prayers and recitations for different occasions. It was beautiful. Then i "graduated" to different authors such as Chaim Potok, Namoi Ragen, Philip Roth, etc, always learning more, always so intrigued. i have attended services several times and really liked it. i have heard a Rabbi speak on two occasions as well as Chaim Potok, so interesting. My dream is to visit Israel and find a Native Born Israeli (a "Sabra") to show me around. Or someone (Hi Sara!) who has lived there a long time.
    Last summer, in Utah of all places, i had the great good fortune to see an adorable group of young Israeli's perfom music and dance. i was in Heaven. They were adorable. They are called "Tzofim".  Their group was touring the United States. i will alwasy treasure that evening.  Aren't they cute? :)
     Doug Cotler...Love him always. A lovely video, but his music is so much more, wish i could find a better one!

  5.   i am afraid of grasshoppers. Seriously.  Spiders, snakes...no problem. But grasshoppers...EWWWWWW!!!!!!!   Once, many, many years ago, i was driving along and glanced down at my leg...there IT was..a huge grasshopper, riding along, just like he belonged there. PANIC mode ensued. i finally found a place to pull off the road and got a magazine go "Flick" him off, out the open door. It remended me of the scene from the "Brady Bunch", when they go to Hawaii and "Peter" wakes up to find a triantula on his chest. Yeah. Kinda like that.Ha, ha...more Doctors!    Sorry, video is out of place...

           Thanks, Loves!

7 comments:

  1. I hate grasshoppers too! One time I pulled a sweater out of my closet, put it on, looked down, and there was a grasshopper on my chest. I totally freaked out. It is known as the "Incident of 2007."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your well wishes! I thought the 'bite me' message was just too adorable.

    One time i saw a spider on my leg in the car and I immediately started swerving. When I got home I jumped out of the car, started stripping before the garage door went all the way down, and ran in the house naked and crying.

    The video with the kids is so cute! I love their dance routine. Also, Scrubs is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of that book but going to order now. And Tzofim are the Scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. grasshoppers? really? roosters do that for me.. i cant stand them anywhere near me :S ive had that phobia for years now and i dont know why..

    ReplyDelete
  5. old people certainly can play, you just have to be willing to act silly :p

    Lol, Linkin Park narrated my teenage years. Oh god, I can actually say shit like that now! D:

    Look up the Yeshiva Boys Choir, I think you may like it ;)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grasshoppers? Interesting... Big Sis #2 has an epic fear of praying mantises, and that spreads to grasshoppers (because she says they look the same), so you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fortunately I don't have a grasshopper story to share . . . Maybe I just wiped it out of my memory :)

    ReplyDelete